Pages

Highlights.



Wednesday, August 10, 2011

White Water Rafting at Kuala Kubu Bharu, Selangor.

I'm not sure if you have heard of white water rafting before, but I have been wanting to give it a try ever since Khairie told me about his adventure when I first met him. It then became one of the must-do things for me in my bucket list. I actually have no idea what to expect out of this cause I have tried rafting, kayaking, even canoeing and believe me, white water rafting is way wayyyyyy more fun than those I've mentioned above. Why? Well for starters, you don't even need to spend any energy in paddling. Also, the adrenaline rush when you go through every stream is just simply addictive. Once you've passed your first stream, you'll be wanting more believe me. So what exactly is white water rafting? This is what I get when I googled it before I went for the trip(believe me, try it for yourselves!). 

Suddenly you become Superman!

Or perhaps this little girl flying off to save her kitty cat. Talking about the love for animals.

Or perhaps, someone trying to kidnap everyone on a string?

So was google correct? Hmm partially, but nahh, no worries, none of the above happened. But what really did happen was that the Raja Muda Selangor with his friends were there as one of the patrons. Yep, I'm not kidding, with the police to guard them and all. Anyways, the 6 of us from Advertlets drove down to Kuala Kubu Baru, Selangor a couple of weeks back to give all of the above a test to see if its true. We were all excited but with a couple of set backs during the journey (yes, we got lost and the JPJ stopped Jason's car) we were glad to be there after a long drive.



Upon reaching, of cause must camwhore first.


Geared up!




annnndddd... more camwhore-HarryPottie style!

We were then given the most hilarious brief by our guide, Bai. Believe me, he's one hell of a funny guy! See how he gave us a White Water Rafting 101 and be a resemblance of Mr Bean.


That's Bai.




Told you right?

So after the entertaining 15 minutes brief, off we go. There were 6 of us so we Jason and Daniel had to join another couple on the other raft. Excited, we all hopped on the inflatable raft.




And here we go!


Yea, that's me being attentive.

Well, white water rafting is pretty exciting really. We were lucky enough to have fallen out of the raft for 4 times, on purpose definitely. Our captain wanted us to experience falling into the water and believe me, that was the best part. Even Azrin proved that to be right when he smiled only after every fall.



Well other than falling off the raft, ofcause, the best part is navigating your way through the stream. Believe me, its actually kinda easy with experts beside you to guide you through every tight spot and every dangerous stream. Yes, we need duck, paddle and even move around the whole raft as a team to make sure that the raft  sails accordingly.


Teamwork!


Here's when we get stuck in between rocks.


Pit stops!


Thats Jason and Daniel paddling. See Jason's muscles building!


Success! Well, thats a victory thing that we do after successfully passing every stream.



Beautiful huh?

Also, we got to float down the stream at the end of our journey! I loved it. It was rather relaxing to just lie flat looking up at the clear blue skies. Reminds me of the lyrics of "If I die young" by the Band Perry. Even Daniel came up with a survival tale to tell.

Thats his last remaining food!

Mandy and I.

So yes, if you are looking for a good adrenaline rush or even just looking for a teambuilding activity to share with your friends, give white water rafting a try. There are a few in Malaysia that are pretty good but the one nearest to us is ofcause the one at Kuala Kubu Bharu, Selangor. The streams here are as high as level 5(highest level 6) which is pretty challenging for starters. I loved it whenever the raft falls from the high streams and also whenever the raft flips! That's one off my bucket list, next up? Sky diving?

Survivor shot!
 
You can contact Bai if you fancy alil water action:
Bai- 0177692090

*Pictures taken by Mandy.






No comments:

Further Reads:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...